Lifework Education & LeadingAge California Partnership
Lifework Education partners with LeadingAge California to bring tuition free CNA training through the Gateway-In Project.
LeadingAge California was awarded by the California Departments of Health Access and Information to implement this project which will train 2,700 Certified Nurse Assistants and Home Health Aides.
Apply for the Grant >
The Gateway - In Project
How does it work?
The CNA Training program provides wrap-around support and incentives for career development for those entering or already in the field. By providing training, wrap-around support, and incentives for career development for those entering or already in the field, the program will make significant headway in turning the tides on the ongoing workforce shortage crisis pervading the health care workforce that supports older adults across the country.
What can I receive grant help for?
In addition to tuition grant money, the Gateway-In Project provides support to make sure each student is prepared to be successful in their CNA training. Wrap-around support includes :
- ESL Training
⬇️ Apply below
- At least sixteen (16) years of age
- Valid identification and legal work status
- Birth Certificate
- State issued ID and/or Driver’s License
- Social Security Card or alternative documentation
- Commitment to completing a CDPH approved training program
- Commitment to receiving state certification
- Obtain criminal record clearance & Background check with Live Scan
- Immunization/Health Records/TB Test
- COVID Vaccination/Willingness to obtain during program
- Booster may be required (varies by location)
- Ability to receive health clearance by physical examination
- Interest in employment at a long-term care community
- Able to lift at least 30 lbs and conduct basic duties such as lift, pull, reach, stoop, bend and walk/stand for long periods of time
When you graduate
Program graduates will receive assistance with state certification examination application completion and submission, along with coaching and mentorship services from The Gateway-In Project team to facilitate applications to employers. Coaching and mentorship will be provided by experienced coaches as well as staff of participating organizations.
Retention bonus incentives will be provided to graduates who remain employed for 1, 6, and 12 months, as well as those who complete additional pathways provided through the Project:
- Empathy training
- Disaster preparedness (climate) training
- Leadership/management training
Continuing Education Success Rate
Vocational Graduation Rate
Continuing Education Students Annually
Vocational Students Annually
5-Star Student Satisfaction
No items currently match your filtering criteria.