Assisted Living Manager Program Description
The Assisted Living Manager program is a 40-hour course. The Lifework's Manager course instructors are current industry professionals that have years of relevant experience and knowledge. While attending classroom instruction, students have access to online studying materials. Students will be required to take chapter tests to test their comprehension of the course materials. Finally, students will take the course final exam and must pass with an 80% or higher in order to be eligible for state certification exams. Classes are Monday through Friday 7:00AM – 3:30PM.
Course materials that will be covered include:
- Resident Services Management
- Personnel Management
- Medication Management
- Legal Aspects
- Financial Management
- Physical Environment Management
- Assisted Living Regulations
Assisted Living Manager Certifications:
Once students pass the Lifework's Assisted Living Manager course, they’ll sit for the Arizona State Written Final Exam & the NCIA Board Certification Exam. Both exams are required by the State of Arizona to work as an Assisted Living Manager in any care facility or home.
Furthermore, state certified Managers are required to take hours of Continuing Education Units (CEUs) every 2-years to maintain their Assisted Living Manager Certification. Please visit the Lifework's Assisted Living Manager CEUs page for more information on the CEUs offered by Lifework's.
Required to Sit for NCIA Manager License Exam:
- Must be able to meet application requirements of the NCIA Board. Full information and application can be obtained/downloaded at www.aznciaboard.us
- Application Items include:
- 2080 hours of health related and verifiable experience in the past 5 years
- Copy of High School Diploma, GED, or College Diploma/Transcript
- Assisted Living Caregiver Certification
- Dated on or after August 2013.
- Assisted Living Manager Certification
- CPR and First Aid
- Fingerprint Clearance Card
PLEASE NOTE: Certification as an Assisted Living Caregiver dated on or after August 2013 is required unless you are a currently Licensed Arizona Nurse (LPN/RN), Doctor (MD/DO), or Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) Administrator.
Assisted Living Manager Course Requirements:
- Complete the 40 hour classroom requirement.
- Pass competency exams at 80% or higher.
- Pass Arizona State Written Final Exam
- Pass the NCIA Board Certification Exam.