Back to Career Page
Student Services Coordinator
Full Job Description
- Coordinates all aspects of admissions and provide administrative support for staff, students and prospective students (including all inbound and outbound communications or requests for information).
- The position supports all day-to-day operations including career and enrollment services.
- Periodic early morning, evening, and weekend hours required in support of class activities.
- Support Student Services events including recruitment, admissions, enrollment processes, orientation, start of program, etc. Engage in team meetings. Serve as a key member of the team within the office as a liaison between students, prospective students, and staff. Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Coordinate, respond to, and develop messaging processes to support the needs of students via email, web, video, social media, text, etc.
- Coordinating program implementations (scheduling, tuition payments, refunds, and completing and following the admissions process for students
- Assist in planning and coordinating day to day activities and program implementation in collaboration with manager.
- Assist with recruiting and retaining students, preceptors, and clinical/student project sites. Assist with contacting potential students, preceptors, and clinical/student project sites to explain the program, ascertain their interest and screen for eligibility as directed.
- Coordinate recruitment sites and times with manager.
- Maintain appropriate records for data collection, including application packets, admission, enrollment, and completion data, student needs and accreditation program requirements
- First point of contact for students, prospective students, visitors, staff, and community members.
- Providing appropriate resources for program information requests, building information, and Academy information.
- Serving as liaison between internal and external customers, e.g. consultants, proctors, and instructors.
Key Responsibility: Using technology, software, and equipment to develop, compile, draft, write, edit, review and process reports, data, documents, letters, orders, forms, etc.
- Maintain files for specialized groups of forms, requests, reports or authorizations.
- Match forms to electronic data or internal spreadsheets, budgets, and admission data.
- Assist with accreditation, enrollment, budget and reports as needed.
Key Responsibility: Using technology, software, and equipment to process, view, enter, modify, or copy data
- Use software programs to develop and prepare reports, documents, course materials, minutes, letters, and other documentation.
- Use Excel, other software, or e-applications to generate reports for program information.
- Develop, maintain, update databases for reports, student records, enrollment, correspondence, etc.
Experience in recruitment and admissions for post- secondary educational/career programs, experience in administration aspects of same programs, including admissions and enrollment, and a commitment to student-centered, data-driven decision making. Work requires proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email – Enrollware and Orbund experience preferred.
Must be proficient with technology. Must have advanced proficiency in the use of spreadsheets and spreadsheet functions, data presentation. Must be flexible, efficient at streamlining processes, and creative at offering solutions to an ever-changing student and school environment.
Enrollment services experience for professional/occupational programs is a plus. Must exhibit clear and effective verbal and written communications skills. Experience working as a liaison between students, instructors, and leadership is highly desired. Experience with management of admissions and applications tools, such as Orbund and Enrollware, is required (not necessarily Enrollware or Orbund exclusively, but a comparable platform). Must be proficient with technology.
The ideal candidate will bring to this position leadership, creativity, sales ability for recruiting, and initiative. Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and follow-through, ability to produce quality work in a timely fashion, and manage multiple projects simultaneously are critical. Capacity to exercise independent judgment and maintain confidentiality. Requires flexible hours to support peak periods of admissions season. Supervisory experience is preferred. Recruiting and Sales experience is preferred.
Required Qualifications for this position requires a knowledge and understanding of the post-secondary educational experience and student life as well as analytical, communications and organizational skills generally acquired through completion of an associate degree or certification program.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE: requires minimum 3 years of experience in an academic/career/post-secondary/enrollment services/student recruitment type environment or a relatable area, OR an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience in a relatable position.
Paid time off
Monday to Friday